CDS is hiring for the 2023-2024 Academic School Year.
Please inquire below.
Capital Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Social Studies Teacher- Middle School
CDS is looking for a dynamic Social Studies Teacher committed to student learning and development of critical thinking skills. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the subject matter which includes history, political science, geography, economics, and civics as well as the ability to present multiple viewpoints. The candidate should be a team player who enthusiastically participates in Middle School activities.
-Provide education to students in grades 6-8 using collaborative and multimedia instructional methods
-Maintain accurate student records, reports, assessments, and confidential information
-Provide constructive feedback and learning goals to students, parents, and teachers
-Complete supervisory duties as assigned
-Evaluate student progress and work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure student success and access to resources
-Plan, organize, and administer classroom activities within school guidelines
-Provide individual and small group instruction using multiple learning techniques
-Create and grade assignments and tests
-Provide feedback and consultations with students, parents, faculty, and staff
-Engage in professional and student-driven activities to improve school programs
-Participate in professional activities, professional development, and collaboration with professionals
-Support students, parents, and the greater community
Prior work and/or teaching experience preferred. Must have a passion for social sciences.
English Teacher- Middle School
CDS is looking for a dynamic English Teacher committed to student learning and development of critical thinking skills. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the subject matter. The candidate should be a team player who enthusiastically participates in Middle School activities. With a focus on project-based learning, an emphasis on service and real-world learning, and one-on-one attention, our teachers enjoy the creative license to teach in an authentic way that is not test-driven.
- Plan and deliver English language lessons to students of various proficiency levels
- Develop and implement engaging and interactive instructional materials
- Assess student progress and provide feedback on their language skills
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Utilize technology and other resources to enhance teaching and learning
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop curriculum and instructional strategies
- Provide academic advising and support to students
- Conduct research in the field of English language teaching
- Bachelor's degree in English, Education, or related field (Master's degree preferred)
- Teaching certification or licensure in English or ESL
- Experience teaching English to speakers of other languages
- Knowledge of instructional design principles and methodologies
- Familiarity with special education practices and accommodations
- Strong classroom management and behavior management skills
- Ability to adapt teaching methods to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Proficiency in using technology for instruction and assessment
Montessori Teaching Assistant Grades 1-3
CDS is looking for a Teaching Assistant to guide students in a Lower Elementary Montessori multi-level class. The ideal candidate should be well-rounded and able to engage with students across subject matters and assist student learning while bolstering independence. The candidate must be willing to formally train in the Montessori Method and work under the guidance of the lead teacher. Collaboration, teamwork, and initiative are vital to the LEM team and will aid in providing dynamic learning instruction.
Knowledge and passion for child development, prior experience working with children, and an interest in Montessori education.